PETtrac™ is a pet recovery service that's been saving pets for over 25 years. Its secure database maintains the information you provide so we can contact you when your pet is recovered. When an animal care professional finds your lost pet we contact you or your alternate to help bring your pet home. Thousands of pets are reunited with their owners each week.
Why Register My Pets Microchip?
Microchipping your pet alone does not establish permanent identification. When owners fail to register their pet's microchip the pet is not fully protected. Unregistered pets are difficult to trace back to their owners when they become lost or get stolen because there's no contact information on file. These pets take up unnecessary resources and cost taxpayers and donors an average of $120.00 per pet to house an unclaimed animal in a shelter. Remember, a microchipped pet has a better chance at being reunited with his owner but only if the pet is registered in a pet recovery database. Once your microchipped pet is registered in the PETtrac Recovery Network your pet can never leave home without positive identification.
When you select PETtrac you choose a pet recovery service that’s been in business for over 20 years. Once your pet is implanted with the Avid® FriendChip™ or another microchip brand and you register your pet's microchip with PETtrac, he benefits from PETtrac's safety-net of protection for the rest of his life. This safety-net includes:
- National pet recovery database.
- Dedicated pet recovery specialists who are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Lifetime enrollment.
- No annual registration fees.
- Helps fight fraud and pet theft.
What is PETtrac?
- PETtrac is part of the Avid Pet Recovery System. PETtrac is staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and has been continuously in operation since 1985.
- PETtrac is the largest and longest operating microchip based pet recovery system in the U.S.
- The PETtrac Recovery Database securely maintains your contact information, the pet's information, the contact information for your designated alternate and animal care provider.
- When an animal care provider calls the PETtrac recovery hotline, a pet recovery specialist performs a quick search of the PETtrac database, we contact the owner or alternate — and the pet goes home!